Friday, November 9, 2007

Square Eyes!

Three of my friends have all decided to have their babies within a week of each other, so I've had to frantically rush around trying to make quilts for all of them (yes I know I could have started earlier, but I work better under pressure!).

I knew I couldn't do my normal Churn Dash or pinwheel block design because it would have taken too long, so I resigned myself to just piecing together a bunch of 6.5" squares, most of which I'd already cut out.

And do you know what? I LOVE THIS DESIGN. Each quilt took me just 2 days to put together from start to finish. 2 days! A quilt top for me normally takes a week! And that's not including binding! Plus, I really love the proportions of the 4x5 square placement, and it shows off the different fabrics so nicely. Like most of my creations, I've tried to make each quilt a mix of new and vintage fabrics. Love it love it love it!

The top one is for a boy and the bottom one for a girl. They're both backed with recycled fabric (doona covers I found at the Salvo's) and quilted stitch-in-the-ditch. I can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment