Monday, December 1, 2008

1950s-inspired printed shirtwaist dress... with breastfeeding zips!

So I'm about to complete my fashion design certificate, and 7 days away from our end-of-year parade. Today I finished one of my three dresses which I am delighted to share with you all.

This is garment AMASD002. It's a very simple shirtwaist dress with a fitted bodice, full (flared A-line) skirt, above-elbow sleeves with asymmetrical buttoned cuffs, and two princess seams running down the front of the bodice which contain invisible zippers for easy breastfeeding access! My target market is 30-45 year old mums of small children (like me) who find it impossible to (a) find anything nice to fit/flatter us post-baby, and (b) find anything nice to fit/flatter us AND make it easy to breastfeed. I designed, patternmade and constructed the whole thing myself.



I will post the others as I complete them over the next few days.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment