Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I did it! I made a new one, just in time...


2011-09-08_playquilt1, originally uploaded by onechan.

Thanks to everyone who posted lovely comments on my previous quilt which I had written off as a disaster. I had a smaller piece of patchwork from last year sitting in my stash which I ended up cutting up and re-piecing with sashing to make this eye-catching, fun play quilt which will now to go the triplets. Still a few places where there's a tiny bit of bunching, but nowhere near the train wreck of the last one.

I was so careful with the basting on this quilt! I taped the backing to the floor, I sprayed, I pinned, AND I hand-basted a big 'X' from corner to corner and then another big '+' in the middle of the quilt. It worked. Phew.

I love it and I'm very pleased to be able to gift something that I'm personally very proud of.

(Oh and he's giving me $100 for it so it's not entirely free!!)

2011-09-08_playquilt3

2011-09-08_playquilt4

2011-09-08_playquilt5

No comments:

Post a Comment